Author Topic: Error when logging in  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Rumor

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Error when logging in
« on: April 19, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »
When i exit and take a break and try to go back intoto start editing again  im able to enter the characters name on the screen and then when i enter the password it tells me the one i made is incorrect... any ideas? im kinda new to creating but so far have had very little troubles with the new release just the relogging in part

Offline Ebersar

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Re: Error when logging in
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 02:55:10 PM »
Hi,

I have the same problem...

Offline petriomelony

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 11:05:44 PM »
im kinda new to creating but so far have had very little troubles with the new release just the relogging in part

did you not have any problems with MXP and such?

i also run into the same relogging problem as you.

Offline Grannymi

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 01:10:52 PM »
I had exactly the same problem with the newest mudlib package when I tried it in windows first and in linux later.

Eventually the saving bug disappeared when I installed bison and libz-dev (in linux) which are apparently needed to compile the driver.

So best thing you can do is:
-Install linux (like ubuntu) using a dual-boot with windows (if you want to keep windows on your computer) or install a virtual machine on which you can run linux
-Download the latest mudlib+driver package and extract the files
-use 'sudo apt-get install bison' and 'sudo apt-get install libz-dev' in your terminal
-follow the instructions on in the 'Install file' (not the 'Install_windows one)(don't use sudo here)

-now it should work.. if you don't get creator powers with your creator-character go further:

-open /dw/lib/global/player.c
-change this: #define MIN_TIME_TO_SAVE 1800 into #define MIN_TIME_TO_SAVE 30
(Now you can save characters after 30 seconds.. which is quite useful, especially with the reboots the game seems to like a lot)
-create your creator-character
-save your character and exit the telnet
-goto /dw/lib/save/players/(X)/(Y).o.gz ((X)=first character of your creator,(Y)=full name of your creator)
(so if my creator was named 'anakh' go to /dw/lib/save/players/a/anakh.o.gz)
-extract the player-save file
-open the file with a text editor
-change this line: 'creator 0' to 'creator 1' (it's almost at the end of the file)
-compress the 'anakh.o' file to 'anakh.o.gz' again.
-use the './driver ./dw.cfg &' (more info in the 'Install' file) and connect to telnet
-Now you should have access to creator commands and be able to save.

Good luck

PS. It might be a different problem of course.. but passwords not working looked very familiar to me. The problem with me seemed to be that the saving procedure was bugged (probably other things were bugged too).. when uncompressing the playerfile the file looked very mangled to me.. words like 'general' mangled to 'gneeral' and such. This problem disappeared after that procedure I listed above luckily :p
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:22:32 PM by Grannymi »