Author Topic: Newbie stats broken?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline SonyUSA

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Newbie stats broken?
« on: April 29, 2008, 06:20:42 pm »
I created a Dirk 'clone' into my play area so players could advance their levels, the only problem is, they seem to get drastically weaker in combat after leveling up any amount. I don't have any classes available to the players yet so they are all 'wanderers', as it is, a level 1 can kill my 'rat' npc almost instantly, but a level 4 takes an extremely long time.

Edit: Oh, the stats show higher when you check a Level 4 against a Level 1, but it doesn't seem to matter in combat, something is funky...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 06:25:13 pm by SonyUSA »

Offline SonyUSA

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie stats broken?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:39:10 am »
I made a new class for people to start as, and that too gets weaker as you level up, even though skills raise and stats raise, they get worse and worse tohit and damage ... what the heck ??? x_x

Offline cratylus

• Your favorite and best
  • Administrator
  • Cratylus@Dead Souls <ds> np
    • View Profile
    • About Cratylus
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:07:54 am »
they get worse and worse tohit and damage

Please explain exactly how you are testing this, so I
can try to reproduce it.

-Crat

Offline SonyUSA

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:33:51 am »
Ok-- First I created a couple rooms and dropped a 'zombie' npc in them, level 6 with 25 hitpoints and a broken glass bottle item (25 damage I think). They hit pretty hard to make it a little more difficult.

I basically cloned the Adventurer class, I just renamed it something more appropriate to my game setting as the starting class.

Kill some zombies, get EXP, then used a clone of Dirk (I only changed his name, idle speech, and titles) to level up to about 4.

As you can tell by fighting a zombie again, its basically impossible to win now at level 4 and you almost never hit the zombie, but a level 1 with the glass bottle weapon equipped can usually kill him before losing more than 125hp

Edit-- You can see your skills and stats raise accordingly when you level up, but the higher numbers seem to have an opposite effect
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 12:40:50 am by SonyUSA »

Offline SonyUSA

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 01:56:57 am »
Oh-- does dual wielding two weapons as the adventurer class (or non dual wield class) make you worse at combat? It seems to work fine at level 1 but you get worse as you level up... ?

Offline SonyUSA

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 05:46:37 am »
Oopsy, I'm dumb, sorry! Added backpack item and stashed the extra goodies in there, everything looks good now!

Offline cratylus

• Your favorite and best
  • Administrator
  • Cratylus@Dead Souls <ds> np
    • View Profile
    • About Cratylus
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 05:52:19 am »
does dual wielding two weapons as the adventurer class (or non dual wield class) make you worse at combat?

Yep.

everything looks good now!

Ok, I won't test then.

-Crat