Author Topic: GUI Building Tool  (Read 18928 times)

Offline randomenthusiast

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Re: GUI Building Tool
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 05:02:38 pm »
I came across this thread while looking for LPC world builders.  It seems that your project may be the only proper builder in existence.  All others are clients geared towards building.  I just wanted to voice my support for such a tool.

I'm not sure if you're still interested in examples for layout / features or not.  If you are, there is a great text adventure builder called Inform, which has a wonderfully intuitive interface.  Mind you, it is not a MUD editor and thus, you can ignore references to their "programming language".  The link is here:

http://www.inform-fiction.org/I7/Inform%207.html

I must mention how excited I am at the possibility of using a world builder with even a handful of the features that you mentioned!  I look forward to seeing a link to any version of your program.

Offline saquivor

• BFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 09:21:54 am »
Thanks for the information.

I do like the idea of using muds as interactive fiction tool. I do have my doubts about the viability of muds as they used to exist prior
to the graphical mmorpgs appearing etc.But I would also hate to see lpc/text muds to die away.

I have started dusting of the folders that this project sits in :)

Offline shigs

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 10:05:28 am »
Saq we're patiently awaiting you to show us how awesome you are by releasing a GUI Building Tool.

Offline saquivor

• BFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 02:26:18 pm »
Thank you for your patience, the tool in its current form is far from awesome. But ONE day who knows LOL.

I have to rebuild my home PC recently, which has taken some time. But it is working again now, so I able to continue development.

Given my current work and personal life balance. I am lucky to be able to spend an hour a day on it!

So your patience is still required. I will try and make a release again very soon, as I would like feedback on how to develop it further.

Saq

Offline tristen620

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 10:17:28 pm »
No problem, I am grateful that you are even trying :)

Offline Xzystance

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 06:17:14 pm »
Just figured i'd bring this back to the top again, wondering if Saq has made any progress on the GUI building tool. I still fully support such a tool, it would make building alot easier for some of the rookies, such as myself.

X