Author Topic: Popular Mud Clients?  (Read 276 times)

Offline Adam

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TheMud.ORG
Popular Mud Clients?
« on: November 05, 2017, 06:55:50 PM »
I'm curious to know what M.U.D clients you guys are using and why? features you like, its free, etc?
Adam @ Dead Souls Dev
https://www.themud.org - MudList, Channel History, Channel History Search, i3 Dynamic DNS, Router Infomation

Offline Adam

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TheMud.ORG
Re: Popular Mud Clients?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »
Im using CMUDv3
Adam @ Dead Souls Dev
https://www.themud.org - MudList, Channel History, Channel History Search, i3 Dynamic DNS, Router Infomation

Offline silenus

• BFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:30:49 PM »
Strangely for a mudder I don't use a client. Perhaps because I mostly do coding now and mostly use git to push code to github so I don't really need one.

Offline kriton

• Acquaintance
  • ICQ??! AIM?! Just how old is this place?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 07:17:47 AM »
I used Pueblo for a while back in the day but I always came back to plain 'ol telnet (Linux client). 

I think this is one reasons MUDs have languished a bit though (at least for me). 

I am writing a new MUD written in NodeJS (websockets + html goodness).  It is very LP-inspired, though (hot updates, online content creation and decent editor [Microsoft monaco], efun names and applies similar to MudOS/FluffOS, etc).  I'll publish it on github or elsewhere when it's a bit more usable (I briefly connected it to Intermud3 as "Emerald MUD Beta").

Offline silenus

• BFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 01:28:26 PM »
I am actually interested in developing a mud platform in some language but don't have the patience to fill in some of the more gaming side details. Because of this I have been contributing a little bit to Fluffos-3 instead. Node.js was one of my possible platforms and I am a bit curious how this system of yours works and whether I could contribute to it as well.

Offline skout23

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 10:58:42 PM »
tmux & tintin++

Offline kriton

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 05:05:53 AM »
I am actually interested in developing a mud platform in some language but don't have the patience to fill in some of the more gaming side details. Because of this I have been contributing a little bit to Fluffos-3 instead. Node.js was one of my possible platforms and I am a bit curious how this system of yours works and whether I could contribute to it as well.

I could open the project up for development once I am happy with the core functionality (and after tidying up a bit) and the client state (still debating on whether to make it mobile friendly, too--its currently geared towards desktop).  The last time I shared out a project it was on Google's source control but that seems so yesterday.  Is github a good platform?

Offline kriton

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 05:30:26 AM »

The file layout should be pretty intuitive for anyone familiar with Nightmare, DS, etc...

Offline silenus

• BFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 07:50:22 AM »
I am not a very experienced developer but I find a lot of projects use github. I think both fluffos and dgd do as well.

Offline kriton

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 03:26:46 AM »

Getting closer to release time... I am almost done with the Wizard Shell tools (File Explorer and Editor Modules forthe Web Client).

Offline melkor

• Acquaintance
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 10:16:21 AM »
KBtin
death() is just a heartbeat() away...
Old mudlibs and drivers archive

Offline kriton

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 01:12:37 AM »

Anyone use Pueblo back in the day?  It was cool for the time but I doubt it would hold up now!