Author Topic: Different CUSTOM_CRYPT  (Read 823 times)

Offline Hyperi

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Different CUSTOM_CRYPT
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:34:18 AM »
Hi!

I've an old MudOS v22.2b14 driver which uses CUSTOM_CRYPT, and when trying to use newest FluffOS 3.0 Alpha 9.0,
I can't get the passwords matching. :/ Anyone has experience over this on how should one proceed? I took a peek on
both versions crypt.c (MudOS) & custom_crypt.cc (FluffOS) and they had the same salt and all, mostly looked the
same as I didn't see any differences in them. (Also compared the header files)

- Oliver 'Hyperi' Sakki

Offline FallenTree

• BFF
    • View Profile
Re: Different CUSTOM_CRYPT
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 09:17:53 AM »
I would suggest you do some basic testing first, like creating a command in both new and old driver, output some known value and see how they differ. Then report back? Also,you could setup some code to capture user's raw password somewhere in the db, for a given period, then convert to new driver, automatically generate new password for those active users, and ensure they work fine.

For long inactive users, well, good luck to them, have them find you and reset password somehow.

Offline quixadhal

• BFF
    • View Profile
    • WileyMUD
Re: Different CUSTOM_CRYPT
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:27:55 AM »
If you can find an old copy of the "crack" utility, you could harvest the old crypt versions of your players passwords and construct a password file in the old unix style format, which would then let you run crack against it.

Players who have weak passwords would be revealed to you, and you could then generate new ones using the new encryption to put into their player files.