Author Topic: Comments from Greg Stein  (Read 1008 times)

Offline cratylus

• Your favorite and best
  • Administrator
  • Cratylus@Dead Souls <ds> np
    • View Profile
    • About Cratylus
Comments from Greg Stein
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »
The legendarily hard-to-grab Greg Stein responded to an email from me. I'm confident he's ok with me posting most of the email, but juuust in case, I'm redacting some stuff which I think might be too personal without an explicit approval.

Quote from: Greg Stein
Heya,

To respond to a very old thread... :-P

Somebody just asked me about MUD stuff, and I pointed him your way. Found this old thread.

See below:

On Jan 7, 2010 8:31 AM, <cratylus[REDACTED]> wrote:
>...

> 1) Why did the *gjs router one day vanish completely and forever?

It was hosted on a server at my house. I [REDACTED] and moved out... down it went. I hadn't done anything with it in years, and it was way low on my priorities at the time.

>
> 2) There's a guy who says he got *gjs code from you. Are you ok with him distributing it?
> See the discussion at: http://lpmuds.net/forum/index.php?topic=1101.msg5862#msg5862

Late, but sure. It's some old MudOS code (iirc). We looked at porting to Python, but didn't get far.

>
> 3) If you *are* ok with it, and you have *gjs code from a more recent
> era, closer to 2006, it would be awesome to have that available instead/as well.

That would be on a hard-drive sitting in a stack. I've got about ten to go thru one day, but that won't be any time soon. I doubt the code diverged much, and that was a long time ago anyways.

Cheers,
-g