Author Topic: Lenaric's Development Journal  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Lenaric

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Lenaric's Development Journal
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:44:09 AM »
First of all thanks to Crat for still offering my favorite mudlib to learn with.

I've been learning more and more and now I'm ready to get back to work!

I'm sticking with my original concept; survival horror. DS is near perfect for it. The specifics are going to be posted in the future.

I'll be using this thread to post my progress, ask for help, and bounce ideas around.

Offline Lenaric

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Re: Lenaric's Development Journal
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:44:42 AM »
This area is being saved for the change log and notes.

Offline Lenaric

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:09:02 AM »
Guess you can't edit on this forum, so disregard the above post.

Finished building the work station last night. Pretty proud of what I could come up from old parts. Set it up for hosting the mud. I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 in case that is ever important.

When I get home tonight I'll be setting everything up and getting it running stable.

I've worked on many maps for the city as well as a large features list that I'll post here later.

Offline Lenaric

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
I found a nice website for mud mapping. I like sketching out area ideas on graph paper and this is by far the easiest way I've found to get them onto a screen and be able to refine and edit.

http://lauzet.com/argon/

Offline Lenaric

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 09:59:12 AM »
Got my alpha area started. Working on deciding how I want to handle the enemies. The standard zombie is going to be a lot of work. I'd like random names as well as equipment sets to give the zombies that "they used to be alive" feel while having them drop mundane equipment and items.

I basically opened a can of worms with the zombies. I need a stable item drop system and I need to start looking into stats a little closer in order to make a good start

However I've already thought of multiple ways to handle this. I'm going to work on a solid to-do list of things to implement or get explanations on today.

Offline Lenaric

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 01:06:25 PM »
Still working at it. Not very fast but in my free time I have still been modding code for fun.

Decided to start fresh again. Rebuilt my linux work station and started picking through all my notes from a while back. There is just something about muds that will never be replaced by modern mmo's for me.

After the launch and incredible success of DayZ and my complete love of the game I have decided that zombies are not the way to go with me anymore. Working on some new ideas for text based horror.

I'll come back and post as I have progress, I'm out of college now and have a lot more free time to keep learning.

:D glad to see this place is still around.