Author Topic: Looking for developer/builder  (Read 1882 times)

Offline janua

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Looking for developer/builder
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:34:55 AM »
I'm looking for someone who wants to be the lead/primary developer on a Dead Souls-based project.

I would like this person to customize the class and spell/skill system, add some features, and then if you want/need something to do you can build actions and other scripted events in the world. I also want someone who is either experienced with Dead Souls or willing to help me figure things out. If you have ideas for areas and want to write some, then that may be welcome. To give you an idea of the things I'll want done, here are a few things on my current list of dev tasks:
  • Add multiple planets with different moons and months (instances?)
  • Implement Warrior, Rogue & Mage class system, with ability to easily add skills and talents
  • Restrict races to certain hometowns
  • Add map support for MUSHclient and other clients if specs are known
  • Fix or adjust functions to prevent player abuse as necessary
  • etc.
What I bring to the table is a couple of years of MUD building and administration experience on a modified ROM in the late 90s (The Lyon's Den--if you Google it, Lyon is my hubby), and around 20 years of experience as a professional writer and project manager. I'm a creative type and a perfectionist, and I think I have a fairly unique idea. It's a sci-fi/fantasy blend that has only been done in very small doses in books and games, and I think we can make it really fun.

I expect this to be a long-term project, and I don't want someone who expects to have a running MUD in a few months. I plan to get the starting area written, and then I will advertise for writers. I want people to be able to experience the style, genre, and quality before they sign on for the creative writing team, and I'm going to try to attract some interactive fiction writers to this project.

Please PM me if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Offline Camlorn

• Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for developer/builder
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »
Could you check your private messages, please?  I sent you one almost a week ago.

Offline janua

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:08:50 PM »
Hey, sorry Camlorn. I've had a busy week and I'm trying to get things organized. I just brought on a partner from my old MUD from years ago, and we're talking about what direction we want to take. I thought I would get back to you before now. I'm sorry I haven't yet. I'll let you know what we're doing by the end of the week, ok?

Sorry to keep you waiting! We are definitely interested, but not sure exactly what we need yet.

Offline Camlorn

• Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »
Well, it's ok, really.  I just assumed you hadn't gotten it, and was starting to wonder.