Author Topic: Easy Peasy Help files  (Read 2366 times)

Offline saquivor

• BFF
    • View Profile
Easy Peasy Help files
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:44:42 pm »
Hi,

Following my slow but steady progress to learn LPC. I am now pretty happy with making basic rooms,npc, objects that can send ascii art and teleport you et all.

I had been thinking of posting some help files for newer members of the LPC community regarding the creation of rooms with conditions on exit, how to create a teleport object, even how to use on the easy little things I love like  SetItems for rooms.

My time is pretty limited at the momement, I get the feeling that my post would be teaching most of you how to suck eggs. So I am looking to gauge opinions on whether any members of the community would find a faq style help guide useful.

Please let me know.

Saquivor

Offline tigwyk

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Easy Peasy Help files
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 11:18:46 pm »
I would find it VERY helpful, especially if you'd allow me to feature it on the LPUni website, as I'm always looking for more content to put under the Education section. You'd retain full rights, of course.

sircuri

Easy Peasy Help files
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 03:38:03 pm »
I'd be interested in anything at all that you're willing to post. I'm still very new myself, and eating up any help I can get my hands on. If you did this, would you be willing to allow it to be put into a mud's online help file, with credit given? One of my projects after I have a better handle on things is updating the current online help. No offense to Crat, DS is the best documented mudlib I've found by leaps and bounds. I'm just anal about making it as easy as possible for new creators, when the time comes.

Offline saquivor

• BFF
    • View Profile
Easy Peasy Help files
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 03:32:15 am »
Well after re reading the admin guidebook that ships with DS2. I have changed my mind about publishing anything. As I was effectively just rewriting what descartes had originally written!