Author Topic: Estates & High Mortals+I3 issue  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Flametail

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Estates & High Mortals+I3 issue
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:23:52 am »
Hi, I'ma do this in the order the title suggests.

First off, was the estates system never finished or am I doing something wrong? I found deed.c and cloned it, I read the file and such, and tried to use it. First it complains that I am not a High Mortal. Having no idea WTF that is, I simply removed the High Mortal check from the deed. Then it starts to work. It asks for descrptions, lighting, etc. But then after one of the questions (I can't recall which at this second, but I think it was after light)it stops working. Just stops getting used. The deed is still in my inventory, and no estate is present.

Now for the next thing: High Mortal. I've never heard o it, can anyone explain it to me and how I can become one?

And the third thing: I3. In the arch room, it says I3 is not connected, and IMC2 is waiting for acceptance. If I go to the router room and try to manipulate these, is cliams their daemons aren't  online.

What's up with this and how can I fix it?
The main thing I could see wrong is that IMC2 and I3 use ports that are firewalled or in use, so if that is the case, howto change ports?

Thanks in advance,

Flametail

Offline HoriceGump

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Re: Estates & High Mortals+I3 issue
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:50:18 am »
As far as I know, 'high mortal' is just a higher level player (level 20 or so, if I'm guessing right).

Offline cratylus

• Your favorite and best
  • Administrator
  • Cratylus@Dead Souls <ds> np
    • View Profile
    • About Cratylus
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 12:16:31 pm »
Hi, I'ma do this in the order the title suggests.

i'ma let you finish

First off, was the estates system never finished or am I doing something wrong? I found deed.c and cloned it, I read the file and such, and tried to use it. First it complains that I am not a High Mortal. Having no idea WTF that is, I simply removed the High Mortal check from the deed. Then it starts to work. It asks for descrptions, lighting, etc. But then after one of the questions (I can't recall which at this second, but I think it was after light)it stops working. Just stops getting used. The deed is still in my inventory, and no estate is present.

/estates for now is the area where the builder group has their stuff.

There's nothing set up for player houses. Any deed code you saw is legacy stuff from the
NM3 area which is marked as unsupported and there just for historical reasons.

Now for the next thing: High Mortal. I've never heard o it, can anyone explain it to me and how I can become one?

http://dead-souls.net/ds-admin-faq.html#66

And the third thing: I3. In the arch room, it says I3 is not connected, and IMC2 is waiting for acceptance. If I go to the router room and try to manipulate these, is cliams their daemons aren't  online.

What's up with this and how can I fix it?

There's a bajillion possibilities. There's no local port on your computer you can change
to fix it if you're firewalled from the intermud ports. Go one room down of the arch room,
type: mudconfig intermud enable and see what happens.

If it's something like you being behind a very restrictive firewall, there's not much I
can advise you to do other than see if you can change your firewall to allow
outbound connections on arbitrary ports.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net

Offline Raudhrskal

• BFF
  • The MUD community needs YOUR help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 12:22:42 pm »
First off, was the estates system never finished or am I doing something wrong?
As far as I can remember it hasn't been finished... and Crat re-used some of the estate handlers for the BUILDER group, so probably whatever was half-done originally is even more broken now. Builders are players that can use QCS to create areas and items that are "useless" (weaps with 0 dam, monsters that can't kill you, and so on), but not code. Meant for stuff like a player to design an area to contribute, or such, I think. Or, possibly, for furnishing their own area/estate, once that works.

"A player (not creator) that's lv25 or more". Look in /secure/sefun/pointers.c for high_mortalp().

And the third thing: I3. In the arch room, it says I3 is not connected, and IMC2 is waiting for acceptance. If I go to the router room and try to manipulate these, is cliams their daemons aren't  online.

IIRC to get on the intermud you need to give your mud a name different than the default Dead_Souls_yourname thing. Also, if you have a firewall, or are on a filtered connection like college/corporate network, it may be blocking _outbound_ connection from your mud to alcatraz.wolfpaw.net (204.209.44.3) port 8080.

Also, go to the network room below the arch room, issue "update /daemon/intermud" command, and look for clues in the output.

Good luck!

PS. Ugh, ninja'd!
I think, therefore i may be wrong.
Please note that if you met a Raudhrskal in a place that's not related to muds, it wasn't me. *sigh*... back when I started there was zero hits on google for that name...

Offline Flametail

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 03:37:20 pm »
Thanks! Fixed i3