Author Topic: FluffOS manual/documentation on WWW?  (Read 5443 times)

Offline flembobs

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
FluffOS manual/documentation on WWW?
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:31:58 am »
I'm starting to play around with the Foundation mudlib.  I have a good knowledge of LPC from creating at a Lima based MUD in the past.

What I don't have is a good knowledge of the driver.  Is there any source of documentation for the FluffOS driver on the WWW?  Specifically I'd like a list of efuns provided.

After googling about, the closest I could find was this MUDOS documentation: http://josh.flagrancy.net/manuals/mudOS/efuns/

How out-dated would that manual be?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:38:22 am by flembobs »

Offline flembobs

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Re: FluffOS manual/documentation on WWW?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:17:52 am »
I've just discovered /doc/efun/ - *facepalm*

Wish I could delete the topic.

Offline quixadhal

• BFF
    • View Profile
    • WileyMUD
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 10:07:50 am »
Hehehe.

Funny you should mention this though.  One of the little projects I'm slowly tinkering with is converting all the Dead Souls documentation into a wiki format.  Mostly because it forces me to actually read more of it than I would just skimming the files, but also because I think it might be easier to maintain and update if it can be edited "live" via a browser.

When I get it a bit further along, I'll post a link and if anyone like it, I'll happily provide the source files (cut/pasteable into mediawiki) and/or an SQL dump.

Just so you know, this isn't anything officially Crat-approved, so don't bug him about it.  :)

Offline hamlet

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:20:16 pm »
For the nroffed MudOS docs, couldn't you just use a roff2wiki sort of thing and be done?  Or am I missing a subtlety of your goal?