Author Topic: fluffos-2.15-ds08 on Windows Vista problems  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Garrion

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
fluffos-2.15-ds08 on Windows Vista problems
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:38:16 PM »
Hiya,

I have been having a few problems getting this to run on Windows Vista.  I have read all the threads here, tried nutting it out myself and tried talking to others with no luck so I am hoping someone can help me out.

What is working:
I have made it so that if I created a character named 'garrion' I get creator privliges.  This works fine and I can hapily follow the guides to create rooms, npcs etc.

I have adjusted the save time to be 30 seconds rather than 30 minutes so I can save earlier.

Issue 1: Not saving correctly
When I log out I cannot log back in with my newly created creator as it either says that I am using the wrong password or gives me a runtime error with no description of the problem.

-- I have found elsewhere what I believed to be a fix to the password problem that worked one time before reverting back to the issues above:
4) Open up /secure/bastards.c, and add the following code at line 54:

if (!suspended) {
suspended = ([ ]);
}

5) Open up /obj/handlers/hist_handler and add the following code after line 35 and before the closing brace on line 36:

if (!history) {
history = ([ ]);
}

Issue 2: Undefined function rusage
I keep getting an error like this:
/obj/handlers/garbage.c line 102: Undefined function rusage before ;

It happens in all rooms and when I log out.  I have tried to look at the file it points to but do not understand the nature of the problem.  The line in question states 'map = rusage();'. Does this just mean I have to define rusage somewhere before this line to stop the error? If so, anyone have any idea what it is meant to do?

Sorry for all the newbie questions. I am just starting to learn and any help would be appreciated.

Garrion.

Offline wodan

• BFF
  • Drink and code, you know you want to!
    • View Profile
Re: fluffos-2.15-ds08 on Windows Vista problems
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 03:13:08 AM »
rusage returns information about memory usage etc, on unix systems.

on windows it doesn't exist so you'll have to remove code that uses it if you're going to stay on windows.

Offline Garrion

• Acquaintance
    • View Profile
Re: fluffos-2.15-ds08 on Windows Vista problems
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »
Thanks for the speedy reply to the rusage issue Wodan.

Now I only have the saving issue that is bugging me.

I am slowly teaching myself how this stuff all works but this is still beyond me.